Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Football Hits

Eli Manning: The 97 million dollar man. I want to write a big article on this on what the Giants options were and ultimately why they did it. But I can't, I like Eli, he isn't top-tier and not worth this much. He has the most value to the Giants, the only market for him is a shitty team signing him to a boatload of money to but people in the seats and even this is overpaying for them. This is wrong, however starting from scratch with a rookie or free agent quarterback is even worse.

A sleeper on the college football scene: Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas wideout. The kid has the size (6'3) and decent speed (4.6 40 yard dash). They showed a Kansas highlight reel on College Football Live and the only thing that I witnessed was Dezmon catching footballs. Had nearly 100 receptions last year for almost 1,500 yards and 15 touchdowns. Hopefully he ups the touchdowns and I think he is a sleeper pick for the draft either this year or next.

And one last little note, Tim Tebow will be a great NFL quarterback. I'm not saying the best, in fact I'm not even saying he will be an elite quarterback. I expect something like Matt Hasselbeck or Eli Manning from him.

posted by: Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment