Friday, April 3, 2009

The Cavs Lose To The Wiz

How am I not shocked at this terrible news that my favorite team not only loses to the second to worst team in the NBA but loses it's 13 game winning streak too. It was all because of one man and that man is Gilbert Arenas. His presence lifts the Wiz hopes and gives them stability at the point guard position. I believe he scored 11 points and dished 10 dimes in 33 minutes all the while being afraid to drive cause of potential contact. Those are pretty good stats seeing as it's only his second game back going against guys in post season form.
Now this isn't all that damaging the Cavs know they are set, it was a sort of trap game with Orlando coming up tonight. But what does bug me is that two or so years ago I made a push for the Cavs to go after Gilbert. I believe we could have had a team this good for a few years now espescially if Gilbert stayed heathly with us which I assume he would. Now how would he fit in being the second guy remains to be known, but I almost think it would be like a good, friendly competition between him and LeBrownie. Constatly one-uping each other for an entire season and it's win win with them being on the same team. As good as Mo Williams has been, Gilbert would have been better. He would have had to take a pay cut yes, and unless we signed him when he was a free agent that would have been a hard pick up to make. Maybe we even steal Antwain Jamieson because of him too. That gives us an extremely good team. The only potential weak link is the two guard spot which is lackluster as of now. Also I still believe we should have traded for Joey Graham, maybe he is not as good a shooter but I think he is an upgrade over Delonte.
All I am trying to say here, is that this team is good but could have been much better. If I was Danny Ferry, I would have LeBronwie texting and calling Arenas the whole year before he was a free agent saying how great a team they could have if he signed with the Cavs. Then you have a team that is definatly in the running for a championship instead of a team that can still be beat by the team with the most losses in the league.
posted by: Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment