Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Quick Hits

Now I know there hasn't been much of anything to differentiate this blog from all the other countless sports blogs there is out on the internet. Not to mention that the podcast is coming along slowly. In fact I can't recall that there has even been one dirty word yet! Shit! What are we doing you may be asking. Well here is a little something to prove we are different, if not better, than those other guys.

(AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

Take a look at that picture. It's a picture of celebration and defeat, but you gotta look deeper to notice the little things that make it stand out and actually bother me. Here's the six things that either shock or awe me:

1. First up on the list I of course have to go with this guy. Yes to the untrained eye he is a Celtics fan with damn good seats celebrating a game winning shot. But look closer and you can see that this man is posing. He thought that was the perfect time to bust out his Freddie Mercury move. You may not be able to tell in this photo but he is even eyeing the camera! This is an attention seeking man if there has ever been one.


2. Now I hate to call people out on not knowing anything about sports, because I happen to know way more than I should. It's hard for me to pick out the casual fan from the guy who doesn't know anything. However this guy knows nothing. Even if he is a dedicated Bobcats fan and there is .1 seconds left on the clock, there is no reason to be clapping and cheering. I bet this guy thinks there is another 3 quarters to go.

3. Ladies and gentlemen this is Ray Allen. You should know that, he obviously just hit a game winning shot. But look at him, he is a 34 year old man. When I'm 34, I would be amazed if I am that jacked after shooting 3 cans of Red Bull in to my arm. I guess sports can really get some guys going. Congrats Ray you barely beat a team in 2 OT's that is fighting for one of the last playoff spots in the East.


4. A picture of Ray Allen's feet. Look at them. The man is walking on air! I can't even say anything else about this.





5. This picture almost saddens me. I'm a fan of Gerald Wallace, I mean this guy got some broken ribs thanks to Andrew Bynum and came back just weeks later. He's an athletic do-it-all kinda player. But you got to show more emotion when you basically just got kicked out of the playoff race. Step up and be a leader please.

6. Now for the last little noteworthy note. This bitch wore purple to the game. Maybe I'm wrong and she's a Bobcats fan and got mixed up and thought Ray Allen missed his shot. But chances are that she just wore purple cause it looked good and is cheering to get out of there finally. Either way if the guy she's with gets laid after then it's a success story in my mind.



Also for good measure:
I'm a firm believer that Delonte West is an elf and this photo is all the proof I need. Now that was a fun post. I hope I didn't offend anyone too bad, remember it's just for shits and giggles. Oh and to raise our dirty word count to three on the year. You can always e-mail me suggestions and/or comments at: portugalthecountry@yahoo.com


posted by: Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment