Friday, February 26, 2010

Monta Ellis Angry

Monta Ellis may be my favorite player in the league now. It was Dwyane Wade but he won a title and is popular, same with Carmelo who I just started liking this year watching that super sweet scoring. Then there's Corey Brewer who isn't much yet also I'm just a sucker for bigs that can dribble and I really like Brandon Jennings. It's just I like rooting for underdogs and finding players people don't know about, so Monta Ellis somewhat fits that bill. You know if I like a player he's gotta be kinda good and Monta's better than kinda good. He earns that 11 million that he makes, mind you, and any publicity on his talent is well deserved. He's no all world defender and is most definitely not a great leader. However, he can handle the ball score with mid-range and drive like few others. Were I making a team I would pick him for a second banana which is were he fits best. He had a great role coming in for Baron Davis and putting shooters around him is smart since he isn't the best three baller. He can handle the point, just not those leadership responsibilities. Basically he is an offensive machine, you plug the right pieces in and he will contribute and play hard every night. I don't want to gush about him too much, likewise I don't want to bash his deficiencies, so I'll leave it here for now and end with this disgusting spin move of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment