Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All NBA Night

Decided to do a little live blog on the games tonight since I finally got to watch them alone and unbothered. Unfortunately the fact that I have a life did manage to get in the way bit as I missed the end of the Cavs game and the first half of the Denver game. This post will probably appear to be very long, but it is an easy read so please read on and comment at will. Now let us start off with the Cleveland game.

I previously mentioned that the Hawks should put Josh Smith on LeBron, but Marvin Williams is healthier than previously thought and I really like what he can do to slow down The King. Forgot to mention that if that match up happens and Lebron guards Smith, than that's a good match up for the Cavs defensively as well.

Ben and I have an argument over Mo Williams and his pull up jump shot on fast breaks. We've determined the fact that we must watch different versions of the game as I think he makes like 90% of them and Ben has yet to see him make any. Well I saw he just made one, need an official stat on this...

Really like how that ref handled getting pummeled by man child Josh Smith. Make the call then deal with the injury, must be one of the few good refs around.

Apparently everyone but Josh Smith knows that he is better at going to the rim than shooting and they make a note of it whenever he shoots the ball and misses. I realize taking bad shots is a terrible idea and he does take quite a few bad ones, but why fault a guy apparently trying to be something more than a slasher. He just needs some more work, needs someone he respects to tutor him.

I first said Cavs will win in 5 but I now feel this series could go six games if Atlanta keeps it together and sticks to their game. Playoffs Mo Williams and playoffs Mike Bibby are a wash, Joe Johnson has the advantage over Delonte, Marvin Williams is good against LeBron but the advantage is definitely James there, Josh Smith wins over the combo of Ben Wallace and Andy and Z over Horford is actually a wash in my mind.

Quick note, why don't the Rockets release McGrady and trade Artest for a great 2 guard since they have a defensive stopper in Shane Battier? I really want to be a GM if you couldn't tell.

Joe Johnson is extremely good. Unfortunately he is one of those Brandon Roy or Yao Ming types where he isn't a complete leader and motivator. And while talking about Roy
it's kind of amazing to me how some young players react to being a leader well (LeBron) and others just falter and hurt their teams because of it (Bosh and Andrea Bargnani, sorry raptors fans).

Another quick note, if Rondo gives another hard foul like his two in the bulls series and does not get a flagrant and either an ejection and fine or one game suspension and fine I will completely lose the little faith I have in David Stern and begin sending in my resume for commissioner of the league.

If you have a teammate in front of you and LeBron baring down on a fast break why don't you just have the teammate shield you then move and not foul while you set up and take the charge? Sure you may get knocked out, but I doubt LeBron would notice in time and that is a realistic way to stop those two points. At the least it makes him look at you go around and adjust his shot.

Al Horford just pump faked his defender, the guy he faked to, the rest of his team, the camera man, and anyone within 1,000 feet of him and best of all sunk the 15 footer after the fake.

I should mention I am not, repeat am not, listening to Austin Carr broadcast this game. I can not stand him, his retardedness, or his cliche sayings. However I like that he brings something to the games other than another lame, mailed in broadcast.

Love the Heineken Biz Markie and Dos Equis beer commercials almost as much as I hate seeing the Meet the Browns and House of Payne ads twice every break.

Even though I criticize Delonte a lot and hate that he's a kebler elf with aids, he does play well in the Cavs system. I'd just really like to see a Kevin Martin or Rip Hamilton there instead.

Halftime: It seems to me that those tight ass headbands cause a little bit of problems. Yes they keep sweat out and make certain players look better if you will. But they have that stupid logo on them, which was a good move by David Stern. My main worry though is that they seem like they will cause a mass outbreak of receding hairlines. Have the NBA research team investigate, or just E:60. I know they're hurting for material.

Quick thought that the Cavs should go after Brandon Bass and try to get Joey Graham on the cheap this off season instead of resigning Wally like I know they will.

Mike Fratelli just said Andy's shot looks like Reggie Miller's... ... (one set of ellipses was not enough for that statement).

I can't believe anyone can catch LeBrons passes, especially Wally. They are just lasers coming at you.

Josh Smith's vertical is like 50 feet straight up from a stand still. I just saw him get alley op'd a foot away from the basket and he slammed it super flush. And LeBron's must be 51 feet cause he just 1-up'd Smith. Also I just broke the record for lamest exaggerations and worst spellings of one up and alley op in one bullet point!

Why have there been so many moving screens in these playoffs? I can't believe the refs haven't caught at least one or two of them yet. And why are so many players getting stitches? I know there are "hard playoff fouls" but at some point someone has to step in and say "Hey, that's a no-no."

I still hate that LeBrownie decides to take the ball up so much and that Mo, Delonte and Boobie are so ohk with letting him do that. I would almost say it completely ruins the Cavs offense. But the offense is to give him the ball as soon as possible anyways, let him waste the shot clock, find an open spot and be ready for one of his laser passes.

I feel bad cause about 3 years ago I said Z was done as a starter. He was slow, out of gas and not performing well. Now look at him, he is revived with a winning team and this new love for the game in the Cavs locker room. I'm actually glad I was wrong, but they still need a young replacement sometime soon.

Just kind of realized that everyone on Hotlanta is pretty ugly now that I get a real good look at them. But then again I'd never bad mouth the God King Xerxes. Go watch the movie 300 and tell me Al Horford isn't that guy. Fucking told you so.

Game is getting lame, woah! Big collision with Smith, LeBron and Wally. The fans start chanting Wal-ly Wal-ly, I am sad at this.

The game is all but said and done for so I think I need a game break. Was gone a little longer than expected, Cavs win 99 to 72. Come back and it's third quarter one minute left in the Denver
vs. Dallas game.

Can I just say I love the runner and the tear drop. Easily my two favorite shots in basketball. Wish they were used more often but they seem unreliable for most people just like
going glass is. You either have those shots or you miss them.

J. J Barea is like Dan Dickau or Steve Blake. He's not really good at anything, just plain mediocre all around. But really gives hope to short white guys everywhere that they too can be in the NBA.

I didn't really know that Denver ran the fast break. I should have realized this sooner I suppose cause their bigs run the floor well. And glad to see Nene come back strong, I thought he might be down and out after back to back injury plagued seasons.

Have to say that there seems to be a revival in shot blocking and just all around defense. the NBA isn't really a copycat league but people are actually learning how well defense helps your team.

The Nuggets appear to be on a tear and I would not be surprised at all if there was a Rockets vs. Denver Western Conference finals.

It's game over and Denver wins, not to exciting of a series so far. I thought it might be, hope it picks up a bit.

Ohk that was a fun adventure in live blogging. May do these more often and I swear I meant to do it for the NFL Draft but that's the past so let's move on.

posted by: Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment