Monday, May 4, 2009

Alright NFL Fans, You Win

I can't sleep and am as sick as the devil so all the NFL fans reading get lucky (kinda) as I am going to post my Draft Recap/Grade. But it is going to be very angry seeing as this draft was just jaw dropping in the terrible choices and all around ridiculousness.
Round One - Right off the bat we have terrible pick number one by the Lions signing another lackluster quarterback with no help around him. Rams make a safe pick with a guy I really like. The Chiefs have the first mini-shocker by taking Tyson Jackson instead of Aaron Curry, he fits a bit better I suppose. Seahawks waste no time in this pick taking Curry. Jets get the other lackluster quarterback who is secretly a project but no one will admit it. Bengals seem to forget about character problems around draft time and take another "good locker room guy" with Andre Smith. For some reason Al Davis really is crazy and takes Day Hey Bey, love the player hate the spot however I remember the 'Fins took Tedd Ginn at this spot before and this pick looks amazing now. Jags take a tackle Monroe, cool I guess. Packers take a need Raji, over the best available, cool again. 49ers get lucky and snag Crabtree, hope he becomes T.O all over again. Bills take a project DE in Aaron Maybin, he can get the quarterback, sometimes. Broncos take best available which is secretly a need since their running backs break like kindling. hope Moreno doesn't suffer the same fate. Redskins take Orakpo, Saints take Jenkins, this is a wash on how less I could care. Texans piss off a defensive coordinator by taking the more experienced Cushing over the guys son Mathews, nice. Chargers pray to get lucky again and take the soon to be shitty Larry English, I could play for NIU. Bucs take the obligatory over-rated project QB in Josh Freeman, only cause Raheem Morris coached at Kansas State, amazing pick guy. Broncos again take need and best available with Robert Ayers, not sexy pick, but smart one potentially. Eagles try to duplicate Desean Jackson's success by taking his clone in Jeremy Maclin. Lions waste their second first rounder on tight end Pettigrew, super nice. Browns trade down to take center Alex Mack, 4 more years til the next coaching change. Maybe Charlie Weis will be available this time. Vikings take Harvin, I don't mind this pick, however I don't know where it will get them. Should have just traded for more picks. Ravens take Oher, could still care less. Falcons take Peria Jerry still have 12 holes on the defense, but I like them, kinda. Miami doesn't heed my advice and takes Vonte Davis, still not a bad pick. Packers are back and get Mathews when they could have waited. Colts take a Colts-type player with Donald Brown, still not shocked, still hate this draft. At least I have stuff to talk about, too bad I erased the conversation Ben and I had, it was good. If I took the time this post would have been good, but way to long. Still is to long, also sucks, deal with it. Bills take a center Eric Wood, guess it was a need what do I care. Giants take Nicks, he's big and dumb not big and amazing like Burress was. Titans take Kenny Britt, it is a pretty fitting pick, lame, but fitting. Same with the Cards' taking Beanie Wells. And then the Steelers cap it off taking an undersized DT.
That first round was so horrid I can't go on, however I can give you some of my potential steals of the draft. Corner back Kevin Barnes from Maryland going in the third round, he'll be a stud starter soon. Cornelius Ingram, but everyone knows this by now, he will be great. Actually that fifth round he went in has a lot of talent in it so look for some of those players to break out. Ricky Jean-Francois went in the seventh round, he seems primed for a nice career. Nothing amazing though. And lastly will be Day Hey Bay going at number seven. If he actually develops and Russel learns how to throw to anyone he could be the premier receiver in the NFL. And I'm sorry folks, I know this post sucks and should be better. It does not reflect the standards of this blog whatsoever and there should not be anymore lame duck posts like this again.

posted by: Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment